This project is in the process of moving to GitHub. Development has stopped here and has slowly been resuming here https://github.com/GiveCamp/GiveCampStarterSite.
The purpose of the GiveCamp Starter Site is to provide an out of the box web solution for hosting a GiveCamp so that the organizers of the event can spend their more time ensuring a successful event instead of creating a website.
- Charity/Non-Profits to project proposal submissions
- Volunteer registration
- Volunteers can review and self-assign themselves to a project (FUTURE)
- Automatically notify Charity/Non-Profit that they have been accepted to the event when 5 people have self-assigned themselves to their project
- Automatically notify organizers when a Charity/Non-Profit or Volunteer registers on the site
- The ability to host more than one event with a single install (FUTURE)
- The ability to post announcements about the event from the integrated blog
- Integrated Content Management functionality to allow page content to be easily updated
- The ability to post announcements to the blog and maintain page content via MetaWebLog compliant editors.
- The ability for Administrators to assign Volunteers to Charity/Non-Profit project and accept them to the event.
- The ability for Administrators to add/update sponsors information (FUTURE)
- Allow project teams to collaborate with each other on projects they are assigned to
- Allow project team member to upload documents to their projects (FUTURE)
- The ability to display Tweets for configured twitter account on site (FUTURE)
- Administrative functions to configure dates and times for event, location, et
- Easily select look and feel using pure CSS themes (FUTURE)
Sites Using the GiveCamp Starter Site